Air coolers are the new rage for reducing global warming
Global warming? Green houses gases? Green house effect? Does this ring a bell? Yes, I know you are quite familiar with these words? You must have heard these on televisions or you course books must have already briefed you about it. If you are familiar with this word then you must have also heard the teachers in schools, the politicians on news channels and of course, sometimes your parents continuously droning on this topic. Do you know that the refrigerators and the air conditioners play a major role in increasing global warming thereby, degrading the environment at an alarming rate.
- Global warming or disambiguation and climate change are the terms for the observed century scale rise in the average temperature of the earth’s climate system and its related effects.
- Climate change and associated impacts differs from region to region around the globe.
- The most anticipated effects include rise in global temperature, rising sea levels, changing precipitation and expansion of deserts in the sub tropics.
- Possible societal responses to global warming include mitigation by emission reductions, adaptation to its effects, building systems resilient to its effect and possible future climate engineering.
- It is very likely that human activities substantially contributed to the increase in ocean heat content.
- The primary green house gases in the earth’s atmosphere are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide and ozone.
- Without greenhouse gases, the average temperature of earth’s surface would be about 33 degree Celsius colder, which is about59 degree Fahrenheit
Necessary steps should be taken at an individual level to reduce the effects of global warming and this may include discarding certain appliances which give rise to green house gases. If discarding is not possible, then environment friendly technologies should be encouraged. Use of air conditioners have created havoc in our ecology.
How air coolers help in reducing global warming
Air coolers employ an environment-friendly carbon reduction product strategy. For example- Symphony air coolers offer a superior value proposition as compared to air conditioners, evaporative air cooling solutions to help customers keep their surroundings cool and comfortable.
Given below are some of the facts about air coolers that will help you understand how air coolers are more environment friendly than air conditioners:
- Air coolers are environment friendly. Unlike, air conditioners, which release CFC gas, air coolers do not emit hazardous greenhouse gases.
- They consume less electricity which further reduces the demand of electricity in urban areas while air conditioners shoot up your electricity bills.
- Air coolers are healthier because air coolers draw, filter, and deliver fresh air while air conditioners circulate the same stale air in the room. This gives an improved air quality.
- Low maintenance of air coolers. You can change the water pads and filter them by yourself whereas, in air conditioners the filters are often filled with suspended dust particles and cleaning them can be a tedious task for one.
- Air coolers have eco-friendly emissions as compared to air conditioners.
Air coolers have nil carbon emissions while air conditioners have a lot of carbon emissions as well as nascent carbon which gets accumulated with the water particles in the atmosphere leading to acid rain.
Principles on which air coolers works-
Air cooler works simply on phenomena where water is put in the cooler. The air is circulated by the pump in the cooler as water is sprinkled on the pads of the cooler. This evaporates the heat, and cool air is circulated in the room. Air conditioners whereas, do not use water. They are used to circulate cool air in a room and making the warm air lose its heat due to convection. With continuous use of an air conditioning system, the air filters lose a bit of their integrity and allow passage of harmful compounds from outside into your home or office. These can trigger allergies and in some cases even cause eye, nose and throat irritation.
There are different types of coolers which work on the same principle-
- Direct evaporative coolers are the most common. These are used to lower the temperature of air using latent heat of evaporation, changing water to vapour.
- Indirect evaporative coolers use some form of heat exchanger. The moist cooler air does not come in touch with outside environment.
- Two stage cooling goes through two stages. First stage consists of air which gets pre-cooled by the heat exchanger. In the second stage, this pre-cooler air runs through water soaked pads. In this type of coolers, the amount of humidity is comparatively less.
Manufacturing of air coolers and innovations in manufacturing-
Air cooler’s state-of-the-art manufacturing processes are turned to make these air coolers perform with maximum efficiency and best of quality to produce superior eco-friendly and energy-efficient technologies.
- Sustainable manufacturing: Committed to sustainable manufacturing, air coolers aims to reduce operational energy consumption and optimize component use in various products to strengthen the value proposition to customers.
- Energy-efficiency: Air cooler engineers look for new ways to increase performance while minimizing energy consumption. The power saving technology used in almost every electrical appliance has created a revolution in the market, and same is the case with air coolers.
- Cutting-edge technologies: Cutting edge technologies refer to the current and fully developed technology features, unlike bleeding-edge technology, which is so new that it poses unreliability risks to users. As a term “cutting-edge technology” is somewhat ambiguous and often used in the context of marketing.
Design-driven innovation gives us a sustainable advantage. Innovations refer to –
- Minimizing the impact of greenhouse gas emissions so as to keep the environment clean and free from hazardous emissions
- Customer-centric design so as to enhance comfort and convenience
- Refine products from ideas to prototypes, development and commercialization whilst creating new markets, to be able to cater to different segments
All of us must put in some effort to contribute towards the betterment of our environment. We can start by doing a little bit here and there. Let’s do it by saying ‘No’ to air conditioners and ‘Yes’ to air coolers.